Saturday, July 11, 2009

What's Wrong With This Photo?

Its just like in those fun magazines, or my favorite bar game, Photo Hunt. There are 4 things wrong in the picture. Can you spot all 4? Give it a shot. The answers are below.


Answers:
1. Shifter bent inwards at jaunty angle.
2. Bars and wheel not aligned.
3. Missing spokes.
4. No Ryan on the bike posting up.

I rode such a good race today, attacking my balls off and putting the hurt on the field. About 2/3rds into the race I attacked with Fred on my wheel and after laying it down for maybe 7 laps only about 11 guys could get back to us. We rolled it strong, with Fred taking the big Prime of the day. Then with a solo rider and a group of 2 just a bit up the road on the last lap I attacked like crazy, got a good gap, flew past the solo rider and caught the group of 2 a hundred meters before the final turn. I caught my breath for a second and then made my move up the inside of the last corner.

And then some DIPSHIT from Texas Roadhouse (they are earning quite a reputation) tried to come inside of me, ran into the wheel of the guy ahead of us and fell into me. The bike took the worst of it and I popped right back up ready to commit murder. Or would it technically be self defense, as he had just tried to kill me? I somehow kept it together and walked back to the car. And here I am, bleeding and pissed off instead of standing on the top step.

I guess that's just the breaks sometimes. Freddo and I have been listening to some self-improvement tapes, so I'm trying to be at peace with reality. As the dude would say, "don't worry, you're just doing getting crashed out of a win today." Its just another interesting experience in life & it has nothing to do with my energy. So how's that? Far out enough for you, or should I talk about your aura?

In other news Fred rode like a demon and really turned some heads out there. Aside from splitting the field and snagging the big prime he stuck it out through the carnage and finished 6th or so. Payday, baby! Its been a long time coming and its well deserved. RIGHTEOUS!!!!! Way to go Fred.

2 comments:

Patrick AKA Bacon said...

Dude - sucks! Get back in there and attack your face off!

Nice job Fred!

erabu said...

Keep rippin' it up Parnes!!
http://tinyurl.com/2zmbzc