Sunday, June 21, 2009

Shout-out

Someone wrote a few kind words about me on the norcalcyclingnews blog. Yes, I assure you its there. If you keep reading past the part about how Shelly Olds is pretty much the undisputed queen of smackdown there's a nice note on my good TT at Nature Valley. Never mind that I didn't have another good ride that whole race (nor have I since, for that matter). Its still nice to know someone somewhere cares.

While I'm at it I should throw out two more links. This one is the main site for the Tour of America's Dairyland & this one is the cyclingnews (the real cyclingnews) coverage of the race.

One more. Here's the coverage of the Tour de Nez, a recent omnium in Reno. Little old norcal mixing it up with the big boys. I'm still waiting on the full results but it sounds like some of my Webcor teammates held their own, and Amber Rais (an old teammate from my college days) wrecked house and took 2 stage wins on the way to her overall victory. I have a few theories on how she pulled off such a strong ride. It was either the fact that Tour de Nez is her hometown race, inspiration from triumphant return of David Pierce (Amber's fiancee and something of a legend), or the fact that she's a naturally gifted athlete and one hell of a bike racer.

No comments: