Saturday, February 6, 2010

I'm Back!

Ho ho! I have returned, though I don't really know why. There must be a dearth of inane ramblings on the internet and I guess I'm the guy who has to fix that. Really though, I think I'm blogging again because its finally racing season. This is a cycling blog after all, and as much fun as it would be to write for a couple of months about training rides in the rain and the intervening bouts of utter sloth, I just couldn't bring myself to bore people (mostly myself) with it. But as of 3pm PST tomorrow I'll be a full throttle race monkey again.

I'm on a new team this year and I think this one could really be something special. The Yahoo! Cycling Team has a roster of 12 talented guys and its a great mix of wizened, established hitters and some up-and-comers with a lot of potential. I have a lot more to write about this, but I'm going to save it. For now just know that I believe the sky is the limit for the Yahoo! Cycling Team and I'm fired up to see how this season plays out.

I'm certainly not trying to get famous with this blog. I think its mostly friends and family that read it, and many of you might not have an intimate knowledge of cycling. With that in mind I'm thinking I might try to write some posts on basic cycling principles and maybe even take some questions if I'm feeling saucy. To all you "real" cyclists out there please forgive me, but I'm thinking there might be some out there who'd like to know more about stuff such as: tactics--like drafting, and why it matters at all; tech--tubulars, what they are and why I ride them even though I hate gluing them more than just about anything in the world; and culture--why are elite cyclists such image obsessed prettyboys. Okay, I'll grant that most people don't care at all about any of these things and certainly don't care about my take on them, but that's the perk of having a blog of my very own. I can write whatever I darn well please.

I'm definitely fired up to put a wheel on the start line again. Yeah, some of this giddy feeling is probably from tubular glue fumes, but a good portion is surely that sweet cocktail of uncertainties and aspirations that I get before a good race.

One last note meant more as a warning than an apology: you may have noticed the blog has changed a little bit. I'm going to try to spice things up and get some more interesting content for you all to waste your lives with. I'm also thinking about hooking up that twitter stuff just to see what being a total hypocrite feels like. All of this is a work in progress, but so is life I guess.

Cherry Pie Crit tomorrow! Think happy thoughts.

No comments: