Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Prove It!

You think you know all there is to know about the pro peloton? You think you can call the winners of the classics and major races? You think you can pick out pretty names and add numbers that sum to 150? If you answered yes to any of these questions I highly encourage you to head over to the Podium Cafe and sign up for their free Virtual Director Sportif competition. I assure you it is both free and easy, and I'm betting it makes watching the races even more enjoyable. 

My strategy for selecting a winning team was to pick out the guys I like the most. I probably won't win the competition, but I will be able to scream passionately at the screen for them during the races because I'm now personally invested in their success. I also picked a pretty classics heavy team, but thats the racing I really love. Hmmmm, cobbles...

If for some stupid reason you need a better incentive for signing up, I've decided to personally pony up some prizes for the top three teams at the end of the season (only readers of this humble blog are eligible). I'm not sure what those prizes will be yet, but being as there are about 7 people who will read these words your odds of winning something are pretty good. I might also toss in some odds and ends for the best team name or anything else I deem worthy of praise. The deadline for signing up a team is this Friday so don't delay! Seriously, it takes all of 15 minutes to make a team, which is nothing compared to the lifetime of glory you could earn by winning, not to mention the magical mystery prizes.

So go sign up. I'll get to work making a page where you can list your teams, track everyone's progress and brag about how your roster boasts the most riders with trashy, yet oh so stylish, Euro-mullets.

In personal news, I had my intervals disrupted today by a herd of escaped goats. It was shitty (literally), but tolerable until the...goatdogs(?) decided I was dangerous. They say the bark is worse than the bite, but I wasn't going to call their bluff and got shooed off before I could even get a picture. Yay, Davis!

No comments: