Monday, August 31, 2009

Whooooooeee!

Okay,

I know I've been letting this blog sit idle for a bit, but its not my fault. I'm doing it for you. You see, I've titled this blog Ryan on the Road and in all fairness, I'm not really on the road anymore, I'm just homeless. I even returned the Williams Cycling Van, m-m-m-my Sedona, yesterday in a symbolic gesture that signifies the end of my grand trip. I've been couch surfing back on the peninsula and although I've been having an awesome time bumming around and doing some of my favorite old rides this stuff doesn't make for the best reading. Its pretty much just: sleep in, go for an incredible ride, hang out with some friends, eat tasty meals, lather, rinse, repeat. Well, I feel like I just caught you up on two weeks of no posts. So that's good.

I'm finally breaking radio silence now in order to pass on a bit of good news: I'm the new NorCal/Nevada State Criterium Champion. Boom. I think I threw down one of the best attacks of my life the last time up the climb and it was good enough to separate from the field, sneak past Fabrice Dubost and Aaron Olson and nab what might be maybe my favorite win ever. Huge thanks are due to Fabrice who rode like a crazed animal in the break for almost the whole race which allowed me to sit in and save something for the finish. Ronnie Lenzi managed to snap a few great shots, but until I have her okay to post them here on the blog you can take peak at them on her site. Huge thanks also to Keith Williams who was manning the radio in his inimitable fashion. His solid advice with 1.5 laps to go, "YOU'VE GOTTA GET UP THERE! YOU'VE GOTTA GO!", by the last lap had devolved, as it always does, into some maniacal Keith-speak that is somehow exactly what I need to hear, "OH YEAH! YOU'RE ON THAT TRAIN, BABY! RIDE THAT TRAIN! RIDE IT!" He was kind enough to take a little video and post it to his blog.

As this long season draws to a close I've been feeling a little burned out and I'm absolutely overjoyed to grab one last, great win before I call it a year.

1 comment:

Rob said...

As a nomadic couch surfer are you eligible for the district champ title? You better be. Im sure I could dig up some evidence to prove your residency. When are you breaking out the grizzly bear skin suit?