Saturday, January 22, 2011

I Gotta Squawk

I can't help myself. I'm pumped! I finally got on my new rig the other day and she absolutely flies! No, it's not even the race bike. It's the post-pre-training training bike. Ludicrous. Not only that, but Chez and Eddie sent us a proof of the team's entry in the Raleigh catalogue, and it is legit:Boom! Talk about motivating. They sent that over in the evening and I just hopped straight on the rollers. No, just kidding. I don't know how to ride rollers. But I would have if I could have! THAT PUMPED!!!

Not much by way of news to report at the moment. We're mostly just riding the bikes and settling in. So I figure instead of some long winded tripe about getting whooped on by carnies I'll just toss you a few pics of life in jolly old(e) England:

When we're not out riding we're mostly just kicking it in our cozy little living room and making up for lost time on the sweet, sweet internet.
This is a little Dutch specialty that JJ whipped up.
Between this sandwich and his sleeping bag I'm pretty convinced he's out of his mind. He pointed out that a butter and chocolate sprinkles sando is pretty much just a nutella sandwich broken down to its basic components. Can't argue with that.
This is a pic of the boys at Breedon Priory. It's up on a ridge overlooking Derby about 10 minutes from our door:

Self-shot: Our very own French Superman, Gael Le Bellec. He's so fly he doesn't even need a bike:
This is where he gets changed:
Don't worry, I'm sure the water's fine:
It's been amazingly sunny so far, but it's also been colder than a pimp's heart. That means a disturbing (clearly) coating of frost in the morning and, as Phil discovered, thick sheets of ice near stream (aka crik) fords at all times of the day. Phil managed to keep himself from sliding into that stream and thereby saved himself from possibly the most miserable ride home ever.

Big team ride in the Peak District tomorrow, so I'd better clean my bike so I don't get a bollocking. Don't worry, American readers, I'll have an in depth explanation on this versatile term sometime in the future.

No comments: