Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Podium Cafe VDS

I've tried to extrapolate the number of my acquaintances who might be playing this game based on the friends and family I've talked to. My best estimate at this time is zero. Come on people! You totally blew it! I know I didn't give you a ton of time to think through all the great reasons to play and then still sign up, but really. It would only have taken a few minutes.

Oh well, maybe its for the best. You'd have all probably been heartbroken by the fact that at this point I would have been absolutely dominating you all. That's right. Read it and weep. Herd of Mammoths is currently tied for 8th place out of 444 teams. Booyah!

Okay, that has a lot to do with the fact that I have a team full of classics riders because those are the people I relate to. As soon as real stage racing starts I'll be dropped waaaaaaay down to the bottom of the standings. But until that happens I'm going to bask in the sunny glow of fantasy cycling dominance. This is that sweet feeling I thought you all might get by playing. I feel like a winner even though I haven't made a single pedalstroke to earn these results. Awesome.

In other news, I'm kicking around the idea of trying to do a fantasy cycling league for NorCal racers and races. I'm not sure if its going to happen yet, but if it does I'm going to expect slightly better participation rates.

If by chance you did actually sign up for the Podium Cafe VDS please leave a comment and let me know your team name. You'll probably be one of 3 and get a prize just for signing up.

1 comment:

Sophie said...

my dad thought up his own baseball game in the fantasy vein. pretty awesome, actually. oh, pape case.
i'm vaguely inspired to play your game if only to see what would happen if i trapessed through picking pretty names and randomly using and then disusing patterns that strike my fancy.
also, your blog is awesome. i like the voice, most especially the definite honesty.